Liquidsoap is a powerful and flexible language for describing your streams. It offers a rich collection of operators that you can combine at will, giving you more power than you need for creating or transforming streams. But liquidsoap is still very light and easy to use, in the Unix tradition of simple strong components working together.
Some examples of what you can do using Liquidsoap:
- static or dynamic playlists
- time-based selection of the audio source
- quota- or time-based insertions or mixes of jingles
- live DJ interventions
- interactive user requests
- fully-customizable transitions, e.g. crossfading
- speech-synthesis of track metadata
- simple access to remote files and much more.